the Makeup artistry Course
The Makeup Artistry Course is designed by Jen to give future makeup artists the practical skills and knowledge needed to start a career in the makeup industry. Taking into account the varied looks artists are asked for, Jen has developed the Makeup Artistry course in line with changing industry expectations.
Throughout the 12 weeks, students will learn the following -
- Daytime makeup
- Evening makeup, including smokey eyes
- Bridal makeup
- On trend makeup
- How to develop a personalised consultation plan for your client
- Health and safety, hygiene and contraindications to makeup
- Corrective makeup using colour correction
- Lashes - how to apply strip lashes and individuals
- How to make the most of your kit, including an in depth look at individual products, tools and equipment.
By the end of the course, students will have completed the following looks -
- Daytime makeup
- Evening makeup including smokey eyes
- Highlighting and contouring
- False lash application, strip and individual
- Smokey eyeliner, flicks and cat eye eyeliner
- Bridal makeup look
- On trend makeup look
The course will end on a photoshoot with a professional photographer. Students will create a professional makeup look allowing them the chance to start a working portfolio with high standard, professional images.
Free aftercare is on hand to make sure you start your new career in the best possible way. Work experience opportunities are offered to students which could include assisting on a photoshoot, on a fashion show or in the Spectrum studio.
Students may like to progress onto the Special Effects Makeup Masterclass at Spectrum Makeup, or take any other of our short courses.
Please contact us for more information or to book on this course.
Learners will be expected to undertake practices at home in their own time. In order to keep our courses to the highest standard possible, courses will run with a maximum of 6 people. All courses are professionally accredited by Association of Beauty Therapists allowing learners to gain a certificate on completion.
cost and payment plans
Course costs includes the following -
- Makeup kit worth more than £400, includes MAC and Illamasqua plus many more professional brands
- A set of professional makeup brushes
- Photoshoot at the end of the course with 3 edited images to start your professional portfolio
- Accredited certificate on completion of the course, allowing you to gain business insurance and start your business
- A deposit of £250 is needed to secure your place
- Payments can be made in flexible instalments throughout the course at no extra charge.