the Makeup artistry Course
The Makeup Artistry Course is designed by Jen to give future makeup artists the practical skills and knowledge needed to start a career in the makeup industry. Taking into account the varied looks artists are asked for, Jen has developed the Makeup Artistry course in line with changing industry expectations.
Throughout the 12 weeks, students will learn the following -
- Daytime makeup
- Evening makeup, including smokey eyes
- Bridal makeup
- On trend makeup
- How to develop a personalised consultation plan for your client
- Health and safety, hygiene and contraindications to makeup
- Corrective makeup using colour correction
- Lashes - how to apply strip lashes and individuals
- How to make the most of your kit, including an in depth look at individual products, tools and equipment.
By the end of the course, students will have completed the following looks -
- Daytime makeup with skincare focus
- Evening makeup including smokey eyes, half smoke, full smoke using colour and spotlight eyes
- Highlighting and contouring
- False lash application, strip and individual
- Smokey eyeliner, flicks and cat eye eyeliner
- Bridal makeup look
- Fashion on trend makeup look
- Era makeup
The course will end on a photoshoot with a professional photographer. Students will create a professional makeup looks allowing them the chance to start a working portfolio with high standard, professional images.
FREE AFTERCARE AND WORK OPPORTUNITIES
Free aftercare is on hand to make sure students start their new career in the best possible way. Here at Spectrum, we know how much hard work goes into starting out in the makeup industry, so we offer work experience opportunities to help. Opportunities could include assisting on a photoshoot, on a fashion show or in the Spectrum studio.
A full kit and professional brushes are included in the course cost. The makeup kit consists of our favourite products personally picked by Jen. Products featured are chosen from different brands such as MAC, Illamasqua, NYX, Zoeva, Nars, Anastasia Beverly Hills, L'Oreal, Revolution and Urban Decay.
Students may like to progress onto the Special Effects Makeup Masterclass, Prosthetic Makeup Masterclass and Fashion courses at Spectrum Makeup, or take any other of our short courses.
Please contact us for more information or to book on this course.
Learners will be expected to undertake practices and home study in their own time. In order to keep our courses to the highest standard possible, courses will run with a maximum of 6 people. All courses are professionally accredited by the Association of Beauty Therapists allowing learners to gain an accredited certificate on completion, which allows learners to obtain makeup artist insurance and work in a professional environment.
upcoming course dates
Monday 17th September 2018
(evening, 6pm - 9pm, 12 weeks)
Any questions? Drop us an email.
cost and payment plans
Course costs includes the following -
- Makeup kit worth more than £400, includes MAC and Illamasqua plus many more professional brands
- A set of professional makeup brushes
- Photoshoot at the end of the course with 3 edited images to start your professional portfolio
- Accredited certificate on completion of the course, allowing you to gain business insurance to work in a professional setting
- A deposit of £250 is needed to secure your place
- Payments can be made in flexible instalments throughout the course at no extra charge.